Wednesday, November 23, 2011




So I thought i'd share this with all my lovely readers.

As you may or may not know, I am currently a crew member aboard the magnificent Disney Dream. This post has two primary purposes. Lately I have had a lot of people asking me how I got involved with Disney, what I do, and so on and so forth. I am a crew member for Disney Cruise Line just now, where I work as a Youth Activity Counselor. Previously I worked for Disney at the Walt Disney World resort on the International Summer College Program, which I participated in twice during the summers of 2008 and 2009. Whilst perusing the web earlier I found a blog written by my former roommate on the college program which could not explain more concisely the nature of Disney's international programs. You can find this on Dan Winer's thoroughly informative and refreshing blog : http://danatdisney.com/blog/2011/11/what-are-the-disney-international-college-programs/.

I don't want to be drawn too much on the programs. If you have any further questions regarding this don't hesitate to get in touch with me via my Twitter account (@DanBerridge) or alternatively navigate to www.yummyjobs.com (for British and Canadian citizens). Yummy are a fantastic organisation who deal with all of Walt Disney World's international recruitment in Britain and Canada.



Now for Disney Cruise Line... Navigate to www.dcljobs.com. Here you will be able to find a full and comprehensive list of all the different departments and roles with Disney Cruise Line. The opportunities offered are endless. Disney is a pioneering company across many different forms, and it's no different with the Cruise Line. We continue to put other companies to shame for our legendary guest service and interactive family entertainment, which is a remarkable achievement considering the size of our fleet (we only have three vessels, soon to be four).

Currently if you are an international and are interested in a career with DCL your main opportunities are provided aboard our four DCL vessels. The Disney Magic, Disney Wonder and our newest vessel the Disney Dream comprise our current fleet, with the Disney Fantasy set to join us in January. Or alternatively you might consider a role on Disney's private island, Castaway Cay. For entertainment roles feel free to contact the excellent people at Excellent Entertainment (UK): http://www.excellententertainment.biz/. Who will be more than happy to help!

I hope i've been able to help clear a few things up, and if you do decide to join us, then all that's left to say is... WELCOME ABOARD!!





No comments:

Post a Comment